Hi, friends! I took a little break off last week to organize my thoughts and make some plans for the new year. I spent a lot of time jotting down ideas and made some goals for my blog, Etsy shop, social media, and my personal life. I typically don’t choose a word of the year, but one word kept coming to me as I went through this process and it was “grow”! What initially brought the word to mind was of all things, one of my fiddle leaf fig plants. I’ve had two real fiddle leaf fig plants for several months and they both have failed to grow. I moved one of them into my office in the fall and it bit the dust over the holidays! Totally dead and gone! I thought the other would soon follow, but as I was cleaning up my Christmas decor, look what I saw!
To my amazement, there was a shoot of new growth! Seeing this got me thinking about the word grow and how I want to grow in so many areas of my life. I made this little definition print for you and me to remember how I chose the word grow as my 2018 word of the year!
Here are some goals I’ve set for myself this year to help me grow.
- Be more consistent with my posts – have a weekly schedule that is planned in advance.
- Make it a priority to reply to comments and answer questions.
- Make some technical improvements that are needed.
- Work on new products that are easier to produce and ship.
- Find alternative ways to produce products.
- Update shop design.
- Engage more with you on facebook and instagram.
- Do facebook lives on my Facebook Behind the Scenes group with tutorials and glimpses into everyday life.
- Set limits for myself on how much time I spend on social media.
- Spend more time in God’s word and prayer
- Make time to connect more with my family and friends
- Focus on health – get active and make healthy food choices.
This is just a basic outline of the goals that I’ve made for myself. I have pages and pages of ideas and plans written down that I can’t wait to implement! Growth can be slow or fast, but more than anything, I want to have consistent growth. Now, let’s talk about the reader survey results. Here are a few results that stood out for me:
- Most of you have never purchased anything from me on Etsy. That means most of my sales on Etsy have been generated through shares on social media and not from my blog readers.
- What is the new product you are most interested in seeing? The overwhelming answer was pillow covers! That’s funny because that is the item that I started selling on Etsy four years ago, but I’ve gotten away from making them. Instead, I’ve been focusing more on signs. But, due to the size and weight of wood signs, they can be pretty expensive to produce and ship. So, I’m going to work on some pillow cover designs. And, I also have some ideas that may make some of the larger sign designs more affordable.
- The Facebook Behind the Scenes Group. The response was overwhelming that most of you want to see home decor tips and video tutorials in this group. So, that’s what I’ll be sharing soon! As far as Bible studies, I think it would be best to have a separate group for just that purpose. I’m still thinking that through and will share more when I have a plan put together.
- Most of you don’t leave comments! Whaaaaat? Why not?
- Only about 1/3 of you have made a project or recipe that I’ve shared. I’m going to try to think of DIY projects that are soooooo easy you will want to get your craft on!
A few general comments that I found interesting.
A few of you mentioned you would like to see more posts about Lancaster County. Lancaster is such a popular tourist destination, but I’d like to share some of my favorite spots that are not on your typical tourist websites or brochures! I’m looking forward to this!
Also mentioned was the desire for more recipe posts. I’m totally not a “food blogger”, but I do like to cook and bake and will be sharing a little more of that in the coming year! My family is especially excited for this one!